Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Primarily Grateful

It sucks to feel like charity.
To feel as if you do not belong

Like you could almost belong,
if you'd been there all along

If you'd been their's all along

It sucks when you are singled out as an outsider coming in
Because there is one that doesn't look quite like the others.
The one who hasn't always been there
The one who never quite fit into this world, your world.
My world was disorganized and disillusioned.

I didn't have to fix it for You.
I didn't have to be perfect for You.
Because You were perfect

for me.

I am grateful though that you gave your charity.
I sometimes wish that it could have been more anonymous,
but how could it have been

you taught me things I never would have learned and never could have
You changed the course of my life, even though it was never perfect
you helped me feel again.
You showed me what family could be and what a family could never be; Perfect.

Even though where I came from wasn't perfect, I can Change my direction; to focus on what I can do to become my true person not a Victim.

No comments:

Post a Comment